An elegant country house on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. In the heart of historic Settle, Falcon Manor is a glamorous restaurant, hotel and wedding venue that combines classic sophistication with contemporary chic. Perfect for a wander into the dales, a romantic night away or the biggest day of your life.
You will be responsible for meeting challenging targets in relation to wedding, functions, corporate events and private dining bookings. You’ll be responsible for driving sales through wedding fairs, open days, following up on initial enquiries, show rounds and appointments. You’ll ensure all administration for the function/event is complete and accurate including contracts, payments, accommodation allocation, menu choices and function sheets. Excellent communication is required with all departments to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining high quality service efforts that will increase the number of catering functions from both new clients as well as rebooking previous clients.
- To conduct initial venue tours with prospective couples/corporate clients and to conduct planning meetings with guests and to have ongoing contact with them until their event day
- Develop a personal rapport with clients that will encourage trust and confidence.
- Increase Food and beverage sales through creative menu upsell and execution to clients, upselling all aspects of our facilities and additional extras.
- To assist the client in selecting suitable event rooms, layouts and selecting a suitable venue (bearing in mind budget / alternative James Places)
- To ensure that the client’s vision for the event is effectively executed.
- Create the event schedule and function sheet, ensuring all details are listed and specific requirements handed over to the relevant departments
- Responsible for hiring the DJ and any additional services if chosen, required external caterers, suppliers or equipment.
- To liaise with the bride & groom ensuring timely return of the ‘bridal allocation’ or corporate accommodation for events and to liaise with reception to ensure requests are adhered to and revenue maximised
- Supervise all administrative responsibilities of events, including scheduling, communications, budgeting, selling procedures, client relations and billing.
- Ensure corporate and hospitality group policies and procedures are followed.
- Have an awareness and support the teams within buildings on maintenance & quality of physical items: tables; chairs; equipment; linen and the appearance of the event rooms and foyers: wood work; carpeting; lighting, etc.
- Record and update sales figures as requested by the Sales Manager weekly.
- To coordinate and work alongside the Wedding Fairs and Menu Tasting Evenings.
- To ensure all administration duties are carried out as required: filing is kept tidy & up-to-date, office areas are kept tidy & secure at all times to maintain guest confidentiality at all times in line with GDPR.
Sales and Marketing
- To be confident in up selling and making recommendations through strong product knowledge and maximising sales opportunities
- Communicate requirements of all assigned functions to appropriate staff through HOD meetings.
- To plan the event menu ensuring coordination with kitchen brigade.
- Work alongside the banqueting staff and external suppliers set up /decorate the venue in line with guest specifications.
- To act as an initial point of contact for the Bride and Groom.
- To be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment demonstrating a confident and self-motivated attitude and to carry out instructions/requests given by your management team
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
- To observe the rules and procedures of the company
- To follow James Places guidelines on Holiday Requests and Sickness notification
- To observe the company’s fire plan, COSHH and health and safety policy
Salary of £25,000