James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor, all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
- We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
- We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
- We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
- We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting directly to Reception Manager and General Manager you will be the first point of contact for all guests. First impressions count and you’ll be the first to set the warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. You’ll welcome guests on arrival, ensure they have everything they need during their stay and wish them well upon departure. You’ll be able to assist guests in a friendly, confident and professional manner over the phone, email and in person, working hard to make sure our guests have a fantastic experience from our first interaction to our last.
- Stakeholder managing Housekeeping/Duty Manager/Events Manager.
- Welcoming all guests, upon arrival at the premises whether dining in Restaurant/bar, checking in or attending a function.
- Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to.
- Directing and assisting guests as necessary, promoting a helpful, friendly and professional image, giving full attention to their requirements and co-operating fully with all aspects of customer care, ensuring full customer satisfaction by following the correct feedback and follow up.
- Completing check-ins and check-outs, taking payments, sending accommodation details to guests and dealing with any queries that may arise.
- Welcoming guests who request site visit for a potential restaurant/hotel/event booking, completing all relevant information and ensuring this is up to date and factual. Further information should be detailed and passed over to the relevant department to ensure a sale is secured and handled using the correct Company procedures.
- Answering the telephone meetings service level agreements (i.e. answering the phone with a smile and within 4 rings), utilising a friendly, polite & courteous telephone manner at all times, in line with James Places style and tone to ensure all guests’ needs are looked after promptly and efficiently.
- Correctly re-directing/holding/transferring calls as necessary.
- Ensuring full communication to all departments on a regular basis.
- Dealing with all check in and check out procedures efficiently, accurately processing all relevant administration systems in line with Company guidelines.
- Taking accurate restaurant and hotel reservations over the phone, face to face, or via email together with further requirements follow up, completing all administration for bookings immediately.
- Following up/confirming large restaurant bookings 48 hours before arrival.
- Carrying out selected courtesy calls after clients dining experiences.
- Maintaining effective communication with all departments about all reservations.
- Ensuring guests receive efficient service leading up to their arrival, including confirmation and all information/menus as necessary.
- Escalating customer issues to the relevant senior member of the team for closure.
- Carrying out all reception and administration duties such as responding to incoming faxes or emails.
- Ensuring all filing is kept tidy and up-to-date.
- Ensuring the front desk area and back office are kept tidy at all times.
- Ensuring all hotel keys are in place at all times when the room is not occupied. Any missing keys must be located straight away or reported to Reception Manager.
- Assisting with typing/clerical work as directed by the Reception Manager, General Manager or Head Chef.
- Adhering to staff and guest confidentiality at all times.
- Logging and updating any guests lost property.
- Displaying all general marketing and hotel information appropriately in sufficient quantities, at all times.
- Undertaking all administrative tasks specified by Reception Manager/Events Manager. I.e. Mail shots, upkeep of databases.
- Taking all brochure/menus/information requests and discussing/passing over to the relevant department with as much information as possible, and responding immediately (certainly not exceeding 48 hours response), with a correct letter/email. The enquiry is to be followed up if necessary to ensure this takes place.
- Communicating confidently the Company’ aims, objectives and values, and actively playing a part in ensuring these are achieved.
- Conducting effective handovers to the Reception Manager and/or Receptionists when taking over subsequent shift(s).
- Solving any problems which arise during your shift (if possible) prior to leave. Alternatively, communicating/reporting any issue/problems, changes to business/staff resources and explaining thoroughly.
- Ensuring open/close down checklists, weekly checklists and handover diary are completed thoroughly and updated where necessary.
- Upselling/ promoting the business and the events, conferences and dining options by interacting with customers to secure further custom, (i.e. upgrades/extra night/champagne) repeat business and advise on alternative use (as well as alternative dates/alternative James
- Places venue).
- Attending Company training sessions and utilising new skills within service.
- Referring tasks/issues arise outside of your control, to higher authority/the relevant manager or department.
- Observing the rules and standards of the Company, such as the Company’s fire plan, COSHH, Health and Safety policy along with all other Company policies and procedures as demonstrated in the Company Handbook.
- Complying with the Company procedures on taking customer payment, ensuring that customers’ details are handled discretely and securely with no payment detail being written down and/ or communicated back to customers.
Health & Safety
- Being aware and keeping up to date with current Health & safety policies and procedures within your work place and follow the guidelines and policies outlined.
- Being aware of specific risk assessments within your department.
- Reporting any health & safety, data protection or risk assessment issues to the Reception Manager as soon as they arise.
- Previous hotel reception experience preferred
- Friendly, professional and customer focused.
- Good communication skills and able to build relationships.
- Team player.
- Able to manage numerous, simultaneous priorities.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to spot and maximise sale opportunities.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.