We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at Falcon Manor, a beautiful country house hotel in Settle. If you're looking for a new challenge and opportunity to work in a growing Company then read on!
Falcon Manor is part of James' Places - an award winning collection of wedding venues, hotels, pubs and restaurants.
About the Job
As Sous Chef you'll support the Head Chef in leading, inspiring and motivating the team, ensuring they have the skills needed to maintain high standards of food and presentation. The team provide day to day service as well as catering for weddings and functions.
It's a busy kitchen environment that requires impeccable communication skills to ensure the team deliver exemplary food and service consistently. You'll prepare staff rotas ensuring we have the right staff on site depending on business needs. It is essential that you can work in a highly pressured environment.
You will ensure that food hygiene practices are monitored and maintained to provide a safe and clean working environment. It is also essential that you understand food costs in order to deliver profitability, efficiency and guest satisfaction, without compromising on quality or availability.
We're looking for people who share our values - passionate about what you do, delivering extraordinary experience and committed to achieving a good work life balance. We're also looking for:
- Strong sous chef with experience in a similar quality kitchen
- Experience of managing a team - ensuring duties are clear, monitoring performance and providing feedback, motivating and leading the team, preparing rotas
- Highly organised.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A strong customer service focus with the motivation to consistently drive high service levels.
- The ability to work in a high pressured environment.
- Results driven and motivated.
- Previous experience of financial management, i.e. forecasting and managing budgets, revenue, costs.
- Sound awareness of health and safety, food hygiene, COSH and HACCP legislation.
What's on offer
This is a full time position working various shifts across Monday to Sunday.
Salary: dependent on experience
Benefits: 28 days holiday, staff discount card, meals on duty